VACANCY ANNOUNCMENT FOR PROGRAM OFFICER for Sustainable Environmental Civil Society Support – SpECIES
The Regional Environmental Center (REC) – Office in Kosovo, with the financial support of the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida), represented by the Embassy of Sweden in Prishtina, will implement over the next three (3) years the program for "Sustainable Environmental Civil Society Support - SpECIES".
The overall strategic goal of the program is to strengthen and specialize environmental civil society in Kosovo, which along with the community is able to articulate their needs, provide services and support, develop partnerships and networks, capable to address country environmental priorities and progress towards implementation of sustainable development goals with the focus on air, water and waste
Support to civil society organizations provided through the SpECIES program will focus on the following Program Clusters: Cluster I: Capacity building, development and exchange; Cluster II: Networking and partnership and Cluster III: Grant support mechanism.
To support the project implementation, we are looking for a qualified and dedicated Program Officer with expertise in both technical, and administrative aspects of planning and coordination of the SpECIES Program. Program Officer will support the Program Manager and Project Director to expedite tasks after the inception phase. The Program Officer role is to coordinate activities, recourses, and information throughout the implementation period of program.
General tasks of a Coordinator:
Coordinate assigned tasks in a timely and cost-efficient manner, with particular focus to strengthening the environmental civil society through Capacity Building (institutional and environmental specialization), Networking & Exchange and Grant Support Scheme throughout the program duration.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinates capacity development activities for Civil Society Organizations (both institutional and environmental specialization courses)
- Coordinates activities in relation to networking and exchange, with the possibility of travelling outside the country
- Supports program manager and coordinates grant support scheme process, including grant’s monitoring and close supervision during implementation of activities
- Communicates with project stakeholders, experts, contractors and beneficiaries on matters related to Program Clusters activities
- Coordinates logistical and administrative arrangement for implementation of activities within each of three (3) Clusters
- Assists the program manager and project director in coordinating the management of the program activities, which includes but not limited to, drafting reports on the progress of Cluster’s activities, keeping notes and drafting minutes of the meeting held with the stakeholders throughout the program duration, provides translation as required
- Supports program manager in keeping updated the web-site of the program, promptly posts and uploads news on program activities to the web-site
- Supports the program manager in updating the data inserted into the CSO database and performs analysis of the CSO
- Maintains close and highly professional relations with all stakeholders, donors and the beneficiaries of the project
- Providing support to the implementation of other in-house projects as required and as assigned by the program manager and project director
- Assists REC Kosovo Office staff in fundraising activities
- Assures high quality control attitude
- Contributing to the REC`s organizational growth
- Following strictly REC internal policies and procedures in compliance with Organizational Handbooks
- Maintaining confidentiality of data and behaving strictly in accordance to the REC Code of Conduct
- Ready to substitute other colleagues as and whenever necessary
- Implementing other tasks and duties as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Minimum Bachelor degree on social related sciences, business management & economics, and/or environmental engineering; master degree in one of the above related fields is an asset
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience working with civil society sector
- Knowledge and proven experience working with capacity development of the sector, both institutional and thematic related aspects
- Knowledge and proven experience working on environmental and sustainable development related programs/projects is an asset
- Knowledge and familiarity with the developing narrative proposals and donor reports
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience with environment, sustainable development and civil society sector
- Computer literacy with a sound knowledge of MS Office applications (word, excel, power point)
- Excellent working knowledge of English and Albanian; knowledge of Serbian language is an asset
- Good analytical and report drafting skills
- Good communication skills, ability to work in a team, with donors, governmental institutions and agencies.
Duty station: REC Office in Kosovo, Str. Enver Maloku No. 28, 10000 Prishtinë, with the possible short visits outside the country.
Duration of the assignment: The duration of assignment for the position of Coordinator is until December 2020. The probation period lasts three (3) months upon the initial contract signature.
Type of assignment: Full time assignment
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CVs and a Motivation Letter at email@example.com not later than 30 of March 2018 by end of working time.
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.